Tuesday, August 25, 2026

FIEA Entrance Portfolio

 The following works were used as the portfolio that got me acceptance into FIEA's animation track. All of these were made during my undergrad experience at UCF and are listed in chronological order!


This game was for my Casual Game Production class - we decided to make an "Among Us-Like" app featuring sheep. I worked as the Art Lead, and created the player design and a variety of assets. I created the poster in Photoshop for our marketing, and it was displayed in UCF's halls for a year.


This animation was created in After Effects using puppeting tools. Our goal was to create a looping animation, and I decided to take inspiration from a fishing mini-game and create an underwater scene. The seaweed, hook, and fish were made in separate layers in Photoshop, along with a simple gradient for the background. 



This clip was taken from my 3D animation undergrad final. We were tasked with taking a short ~11 to 12 second clip and creating a scene from it. This beginning shot was my favorite to animate, and demonstrates my lip-syncing animation.


This video was my final from my procedural animation class. I provided the model and textures for the monitor using Maya and Photoshop. I worked as the modeling and UV lead on this, and assisted with editing. Our goal was to make a short animation using procedural means in Maya, working in a small group of five.   


This animatic clip was created for my animation portfolio development class. I decided to work on an action-based scene to get more experience with framing and timing. I ultimately decided to go with something in a medieval/DnD universe to use uncommon weapons and action, such as the sword-swinging shot!


This short film was my final for my group thesis class in animation undergrad. We had two other 2D animators working on a two-minute animation in a group of six. I worked on pre-development, presentations, and animation. I tried to push shot angles, movement in space, and animating on ones, such as the flooding scene, for which the turn and tripping was animated entirely on ones! In the final film, I worked on all 2D Character Animation from 0:00-1:13 and 1:27-1:33.


This video showcases the rigs and animation for the swamp level of my Workshop Game at UCF, Arnold Dillo: Cryptid Catcher. I worked as the Producer and Art Director, and had full control of this level's enemies. Each enemy has three animations: Idle, Walk, and Attack. I created all of these for the four enemies of this area: the alligator, archer fish, cottonmouth snake, and red swamp crayfish. Each enemy and their animations were researched and based on real species and habits local to the Everglades. All work shown in this video was created by me in Aseprite, and the environment assets shown in gameplay footage were created by the game's Assistant Art Lead, Virgil West.


This animation was created to show 3D depth and movement in 2D space. One of the biggest things for me to learn was keeping a character on model, so showing a character turn allowed me to test that. I was able to come back to this piece and add color and more detail after submission, and used this as part of my process for my gaming undergrad portfolio development class.



This animation was made to test quadruped movement in a 3D space. While I've had experience with humanoid walk cycles, this challenge allowed me to experiment with and notice all the details that need to be considered for different movement types. I noticed specifically that FIEA's website mentioned quadruped walk cycles, and wanted to make something that implemented that and more running movement. This was created in Maya using the Douglas the Corgi rig by Brandon Schaal.


   This animation was made to showcase character emotions in a 3D space. I've seen many screen tests of rigs for movies while researching, and wanted to recreate a similar range of different expressions while considering the character of the rig. This was created in Maya using the Reptilian rig by Emilio Serrano.



No comments:

Post a Comment

3D Post