For my Meet Mat character, I decided to create a statue covered in moss. I was inspired by Greek and Roman statues, and the smaller garden statue replicas of them that can be bought. The positioning of the vines also reminds me of how plants grow on a garden trellis.
For creating the texture, I started by using two fill layers with slightly different shades of the same hue. I created a dirt generator on the lighter color, and used a linear gradient to transition them. For the moss, I used a fill layer and a black mask to draw on specific spots where the moss would most naturally grow over time. I added a blur filter, and used the same fill layer and black mask technique two more time with slightly lighter colors to create depth. I added a height slider to each layer and raised it slightly. Finally, for the vines and leaves, I used paint layers and height to raise it off the model as much as possible. I increased roughness while keeping it less than the roughness of the statue itself. For the leaves, I added two fill layers and a black mask to add shading and highlights, and added a slight blur. for the stems of the leaves, I used a darker paint layer with negative depth. I used a filter to add a stylization of slight brush strokes to all of the plants along with a drop shadow of the vine and leaves. Each section of the model was able to follow the same routine with slight adjustments for the placement and dirt levels.
No comments:
Post a Comment